At Clarity Eyecare, we pride ourselves on hiring professionals who genuinely care about our patient’s health and are dedicated to providing exceptional personal service to everyone who walks through our door. We are a privately owned, independent family practice. Our mission is to provide outstanding vision to our patients while enjoying their time with us each year.
Experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate that shows enthusiasm for the mission of our practice. The ideal candidate would be interested in patient care, be able to work well with a team, and have a friendly, can-do attitude.
Optometric Assistants help to maintain a smooth, steady flow of traffic within the office. We have our staff cross-trained to better serve our patients. An Optometric assistant will conduct pretest procedures on patients before they see the Doctor. These procedures make eye exams more efficient and productive by gathering necessary data before exams begin. They also assist the patient after the examination with eyeglass frame selection, contact lens ordering, and check out.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the doctor in the care and treatment of patients, by performing a variety of tests and providing excellent patient service.
- Assisting patients at check-in to obtain a medical history, patient demographics, and insurance information.
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Maintaining the contact lens fitting kits so that trials are always available when applicable.
- Regular cleaning /sterilizing of exam equipment
- General cleaning, as necessary.
- Assisting staff in optical sales (training provided).
- Additional duties will be addressed during training.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and punctuality
- Outstanding patient service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
If you are interested in joining our team, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us a bit about yourself and why you would like to join our team!